Saturday, March 19, 2011

Japan Quake Day Eight- Signs of Recovery


What a difference that a day can make! Today on my way to open my school for the first time in a week, I saw some serious signs of recovery. Cars waiting to get gasoline- sure the line was over 1Km long, but gasoline is beginning to come in. The supermarkets- barren, but open again. Construction equipment cleaning up the rubble of collapsed walls and roofs. My students told me that water was back to most of their homes. It gave me a good feeling. We will get through this!

Like the Beatles said:

"I've got to admit it's getting better
A little better all the time"

1 comment:

  1. Hey Eric, It is so good to read your posts and that you all are doing well. We went to a ceremony today in Seattle to send prayers over there--All the best to you and your family! -Sean

    ReplyDelete