Yesterday, a storm passed though, dumping about 30-45cm of wet yet fluffy snow over the area. Since it only snows like that once every few years, the city has never bought snow moving equipment. So this morning our road is a mish-mashed icy bumpcicle of re-frozen slush. It will probably melt by the afternoon. But until it does, I am declaring a snow-hangover and not sending the kids to school!
And to celebrate the snow hangover, we are having an upscale version of the usual rice-browns I make.
- Cooked Rice (one small bowl per person)(short-grained sticky rice is preferred)
- Eggs (one per person)
- Soy sauce (1tsp/person)
- Onion (one small)
- Bacon (one strip/person)
- Caramelize the onions over low heat in some butter.
- Cook the bacon until crispy.
- Mix the rice, eggs, and soy sauce in a medium bowl.
- Drop one serving of the egg/rice mixture into the frying pan at medium heat. Sprinkle some cheese over it.
- When it looks dry around the edges, flip it.
- Cautiously check to make sure the cheese is golden brown, and transfer to the plate.
- Smother with caramelized onion, some bacon bits, and more cheese. Top with some mayo and ketchup.