Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Seedballs



Goodness gracious great balls of Seeds!

I finally did it. I cleaned out my seed collection, emptying any packet of seeds that was more than two years old into a big jar. It came to quite a collection. After that I shook up the jar to mix them around, and took one scoop of seeds, and four scoops of clay, added a little water, and began to mix it up. That was beastly cold work, since the clay was fresh off the mountain and still had some chunks of ice in it!!!

After a few minutes, when the mix felt pretty even, I pinched off some pieces and started rolling them around on my palms to make marbles. These I lined up in an old Amazon box (ironically the one that they shipped "One Straw Revolution" by Masanobu Fukuoka in). Now they are slowly drying out, waiting for me to toss them out in the "experiment." More on that later. It was a lot of fun playing in the mud again.

No comments:

Post a Comment