Sunday, June 12, 2011

Fava Beans

Man, I love Fava beans. Here in Japan, we start them in November. I just push them into a prepared bed and basically forget about them until spring. Of course, I do weed them from time to time.
Now it is time to pick them. And pick them I have been doing for the past few days. Shopping bags full of delicious, enormous beans.

The easiest way to prepare them is to just shell them and eat them in the garden. However, if you prefer your beans cooked, then by all means. I just shell them into the wife's new "Silicone Steamer." Looks like a rubber box with a lid, but it does a great job of steaming just about any vegetable. As I was saying, I just shell them into the steamer, rub some salt on them, and microwave them for 3 minutes. What could be easier?
Slap the lid on and get cooking!


The Fava Bandit Strikes Again!

No comments:

Post a Comment